Interventional Radiologists perform minimally invasive image guided procedure to diagnose and treat conditions throughout the entire body. Using the most advanced technologies and techniques, provide non-surgical treatment options that have less risk, less pain, less recovery time with better results. Most of these procedures will also be done in an outpatient setting that is more comfortable, accommodating, and affordable to the patient.
Below is a partial list of exams that are read and performed at SimonMed by those trained in interventional radiology procedures:
- Drainage- Abscess, Paracentesis, Renal Cyst Aspiration, thoracentesis, Tract Study, Aspiration
- Vascular- Angiogram, Fistulagram, prefistula venogram, and IVC filter
- Venous- Access port, PICC, and Dialysis removal and placement
- Biopsies- Abdomen/Retroperitoneal Percutaneous, Bone Marrow, Lung, Lymph node, Pancreas, and Renal
- Venous Disease- Varicose Veins, Phlebectomy, Thrombectomy for DVT, Venous Ablation, and Sclerotherapy
- Gastrointestinal Tract- Percutaneous Gastrostomy Tube Placement and change
- Spine- Kyphoplasty/Vertebroplasty, Lumbar Puncture, Myelogram
- Urinary Tract- Nephrostogram, Nephrostomy Tube, Nephroureteral, and Percutaneous Ureteral Stent/Drain
- Embolization/Ablation- Pelvic Embolization, Nasoembolization, Pre-op Embolization, and Thermal Ablation
Why Choose Us
SimonMed Imaging and its affiliates have been serving the community for over 30 years. Our mission is to provide best-in class affordable care through the use of advanced technology. We have patient-focused staff and highly trained medical professionals.
SimonMed has over 75 convenient locations and provides late night and weekend appointments to accommodate patients.