Musculoskeletal radiologists specialize in providing diagnostic services for bones, joints, and associated soft tissues. The musculoskeletal imaging specialty, also called MSK, usually handles cases involving sports imaging, evaluation of disease processes in bones and connective tissues, and trauma. MSK radiologists most often use imaging to evaluate patients for tears, strains, fractures, masses, unexplained pain or other symptoms in the extremities, joints, bones, and soft tissues. The MSK radiologists at SimonMed specialize in reading imaging for professional baseball, football, and hockey teams across the country.
Exams read by our Musculoskeletal Imaging Radiologists:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of the lower and upper extremity. This includes imaging of the feet, ankles, knees, hips, hands, wrists, elbows, and shoulders.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of non- extremity joints: pelvis, sternoclavicular, sacroiliac, and symphysis pubis.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Arthrograms of major joints of upper extremity and lower extremity.
- Computed Tomography of bones and joints
- Computed Tomography (CT) arthrograms of major joints.
- Ultrasounds of the extremities
- X-ray of bones
Special Procedures read/performed by our MSK radiologists:
- Joint Injections
- MRI and CT Arthrograms
Why Choose Us
SimonMed Imaging and its affiliates have been serving the community for over 30 years. Our mission is to provide best-in class affordable care through the use of advanced technology. We have patient-focused staff and highly trained medical professionals.
SimonMed has over 150 convenient locations across 11 states and provides late night and weekend appointments to accommodate patients.